Frequently Asked Questions
What can I do to help this be a success?
There are many ways that individuals and families can help make the Harvard hosting of this year’s NEMFA program a success.
1. Hosting a student or students in your home. This is probably the most important contribution you can help us with, and in many ways the most rewarding. Generally this means sleeping accommodations for two nights (and a rare 3rd night for those who live in remote locations) breakfast, and one dinner meal. These talented musicians are among the best students, and you can expect them to be interesting and polite.
2. Help will be needed for many logistical and administrative tasks prior to the Festival and during the Festival itself. Adults and Bromfield students are needed on the committee.
· Help with host family recruitment – we will need between 200 and 250 host families
· Public relations, program design, program advertising
· Ticket sales
· Student registration during arrival on the first day
· “Traffic” help (runners) during the rehearsal days – making sure students know where to go, and where the facilities are
· Working as an usher at the concert
· Working as a nurse or EMT during the Festival